Friday, July 3, 2015

Top 10 things  I am learning about living with my 'Elderly' parents:




10. They DO NOT like  being called 'Elderly'.
9. I  NOW  know a lot about:  Metamucil, BenGay, Tucks, hearing aid batteries and lanacane.
8. My mom has a funeral 'section' of her closet with her black clothes in it for funeral attendance.She does not find this macabre. 
7. I have hearing loss from the eardrum shattering volume of the TV and telephone. SO LOUD.
6. Cleaning out my Dad's closet I found clothes and shoes from the Johnson administration (the ANDREW Johnson administration :)
5. My mom got mad at me for sneaking out of the house when I was in 8th grade. She is still mad about it.
4. Newspaper, mail and package delivery are SERIOUS business.
3. You can rinse and reuse ziploc bags ESPECIALLY if you grew up during the Depression.
2. They are cold. ALL THE TIME.
1. I love them, I feel better here with them. I am so happy I am here with my WHOLE family <3

2 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful for you all to have this time together.

    I must have an inner Depression Era mindset, as I've washed and re-used Ziplocs as long as I can remember

    ReplyDelete

Renew yourself